Clear blue sky. Sun reflecting brightly of the gathering water we hovered above. Slowly, at first, we start the climb up the waterfall. As we near the top our speed starts to increase, then zoom, up and over the top we soar.
This was just one of the spectacular moments when we took a Hawaii tour aboard a helicopter with Blue Hawaii Tours. While we took this tour many years ago, my reports inform me not only are they still as good, but they are the top helicopter tour companies in Hawaii. We had a great pilot (Dave) and exactly got to sit ride up front with him. My wife is actually afraid of heights but still had a great time.
We flew over the breathtakingly beautiful mountains and beaches of Maui. The cabin is open and bright, providing a panoramic view for every passenger. Personal comfort is enhanced by plush seats, ample legroom and powerful air conditioning.
While our tour was of Maui, they offer tours of all the islands. The added perk is they record your whole tour from inside as you see it. I great souvenir for you to share with family and friends when you get back home. If you are planning a trip to Hawaii you need to add Blue Hawaii Tours to your agenda. I highly recommend it and it will be a highlight our your island experience.
Blue Hawaiian Helicopters has a reputation for great service. When Hollywood comes to Hawaii to film as it did for Jurassic Park, Crimson Tide, Pearl Harbor, Honeymoon in Vegas, George of the Jungle, and Six Days, Seven Nights – Blue Hawaiian gets tapped for aerial photography.
By Rita Goldman, Maui Magazine
The Local Favorite
Blue Hawaiian is extremely proud to be the local favorite among Hawaii’s residents.
• For nine years running, 2007 through 2015, Blue has been voted Maui’s Best Air Activity by readers of the award-winning “The Maui News.”
• Every year since 2008, Blue has been voted “Kauai’s Best” in the Kauai People / MidWeek Kauai readers choice poll.
• Blue has been voted the “Best of the Best” by the readers of “West Hawaii Today” a record fourteen times since 2001
• For each of the last fifteen years beginning in year 2000, Blue has been voted “Best Air Tour” of East Hawaii by the readers of the Hawaii Tribune-Herald.
• And in the relatively new North Hawaii News’ Reader’s Choice awards, Blue has been voted “Best Air Tour” each of the past seven years (2009-2015) since the poll began.